Calendar Creator Deluxe 12.1 Download

Cloud Help Desk: Delays for ticket imports:
  1. Home
  2. Windows
  3. Windows 10

Hi - I'm new to this site and nowhere near a computer expert, but have a problem I hope someone can explain is simple terms.  I have 2 windows 10 machines both running essentially the same software.  All programs were working fine....until today.  My Broderbund Calendar Creator will not open.  I should say the before today whenever I tried to open this program I always got a message asking if I wanted to allow this App from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device. I'd click "yes" and the program would open and run.  Starting today if I try to open the program I get the " This App has been blocked by your System Administrator" message and can not start the program.  And it's that way on both of my computers.  Does anyone know what happened and how I can fix it?


FXProglJr

Thanks to all that tried to help but it seems we are kicking a dead horse. On an impulse, I googled Broderbund (the manufacturer of Calendar Creator v 12.1 - now called Encore) and was advised that as of the latest Windows 10 update, version 12.1 is no longer supported. Guess that explains the problem.

But they do have version 12.2 (for a slight fee) that they say will work with Windows 10.  I got a copy and installed it.  It works!


Popular Topics in Windows 10
Which of the following retains the information it's storing when the system power is turned off?
  • ROM
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • GPU
88% of IT pros got this right.

12 Replies

GRH

Try running it as administrator - right click on the program and choose 'run as administrator'.

FXProglJr

sorry...tried that and the program is still blocked.  I should also say that before today, every time I opened that program I'd get a message asking if I wanted to allow the program to make changes to this device.  When I answered yes, the program would open and run.  I'm not aware of any changes I made to either machine  and my App and browser control is set to "Warn"

JFEB
JFEB This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.
Mar 6, 2020 at 19:04 UTC

People get those messages when I block their apps using GPO too.

Denis Kelley
Denis Kelley This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.
Mar 6, 2020 at 20:07 UTC

What does your IT department say?

thelanranger
thelanranger This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.
Mar 6, 2020 at 21:53 UTC

Try logging in as a different user and doing the same thing. If you are able to run the application as another administrator it's possible that the "Smart Screen" is not responding to a call for that application and you may just need to make yourself a new profile. (This is unfortunately the only way I have been able to resolve the issue of a broken Smart Screen.)

FXProglJr

Thanks to all that tried to help but it seems we are kicking a dead horse.  On an impulse, I googled Broderbund (the manufacturer of Calendar Creator v 12.1 - now called Encore) and was advised that as of the latest Windows 10 update, version 12.1 is no longer supported.  Guess that explains the problem.

But they do have version 12.2 (for a slight fee) that they say will work with Windows 10.

Frank

Mad-SpiceHead
Mad-SpiceHead This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.
Mar 6, 2020 at 22:26 UTC

Interesting: I ran into this exact issue with a different software called Classic Shell.  Development of this windows start button enhancement ended in 2017.  Reading in the forums it said uninstall and reinstall the app.

Sure enough... This worked!

Try this for your application - it may work

shiraza
shiraza This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.
Mar 8, 2020 at 13:08 UTC

I ran across this issue couple of days ago on Windows 10 OS

the following Registry HACK will solve your problem

                                Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000                              
FXProglJr

Thanks to all that tried to help but it seems we are kicking a dead horse. On an impulse, I googled Broderbund (the manufacturer of Calendar Creator v 12.1 - now called Encore) and was advised that as of the latest Windows 10 update, version 12.1 is no longer supported. Guess that explains the problem.

But they do have version 12.2 (for a slight fee) that they say will work with Windows 10.  I got a copy and installed it.  It works!


spicehead-JHG

I had this problem after updating to V. 2004 on our public library computers. I had to temporarily change permissions in the active directory as we do not allow access to the task manager. On the Task Manager Start up tab I disabled OneDrive and Skype, returned permissions to the proper folder and rebooted. This works every time for me.

spicehead-dlajm

The registry hack worked for me.  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

Source: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2261470-windows-10-this-app-has-been-blocked-by-your-system-administrator

Posted by: shadinguardsene0194265.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post